AppAware is a mobile application that shares online installations,
updates and removals of Android applications. In this way a user becomes aware (App-Aware) of what other people are installing on their Android phones right now or in her proximity, learning from them. This continuous stream of application events
(installations/removals/updates) provides the basis for serendipity for other users. AppAware does not aim at replacing the Android Market, it is rather a companion to discover interesting applications with the help of other users, thus bringing the social factor into application portals.
- Worldwide Timeline: Experience in real-time which apps other Android users are installing, updating or removing.
- Around me: See what other people are installing in your city, university campus, or any place you are.
- Top apps: Discover what is the live trend on the Market and which apps are installed most in the last hour!
- Friends: Stay updated with what your friends find interesting on the Android Market.
- Meter for apps: See the real adoption of apps based on community installations and removals!
- Tags & Search: Share your opinion by tagging apps: it is faster than comments and improves the search.
Official webpage: http://appaware.org
[tplist tag=”85″ headline=”0″ style=”simple” author_name=”simple”]
In the Media
- PCWorld.com: AppAware Market++ Review – 5 of 5 stars
- Lifehacker.com: AppAware Gives Real World Feedback on Android Apps
- Computerwoche.de: ETH Zürich macht den Android Market “sozial”
- AndroidAndMe.com: Top 3 sites for discovering Android apps
- AndroidAndMe.com: AppAware: Real time application discovery for Android
- AndroidGuys.com: See What’s Happening in Android Market with ‘AppAware’
- Mashable.com: Discover New Android Apps with AppAware
- AndroidTapp.com: AppAware Social Market [with video]
- Wirefresh.com: App Aware tracks downloading trends for Android Market
- KnowYourMobile.com: AppAware review
- NZZ Online: Die Weisheit der Vielen